This is simply the best app for unlocking achievements in TF2, DoD:Source and others. The recent steam update broke the API that 2.1 used, the current version is 5.1. This app can allow you to unlock the Heavy’s weapons, Natasha, the Sandwich (Sandvich) and KGB (Killing Gloves of Boxing), or any of the Pyro or Medic’s weapons (Backburner, Flare Gun, Kritzkreig, Blutslauger, etc) along with future releases for the scout, sniper spy unlockables, etc. The best thing is that by unlocking only the milestones for each class, you can have all the new weapons, while still unlocking the other achievements normally.
- Team Fortress 2
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- Day of Defeat: Source
- Day of Defeat: Source Beta
- Ninja Reflex: Steamworks Edition
- Opposing Force
- Trials 2: Second Edition
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if you do not already have it installed.
- Download Steam Achievement Manager.
- Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It’s a ZIP file, if you don’t know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn’t be trying to use this tool.
- Run Steam if it is not already running.
- Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
- Run Steam Achievement Manager and do whatever you want in it.
FAQ: Valve bannination for using this?
Exceedingly doubtful. The folks at Valve are at least prehiperially aware that this exists. It’s a don’t ask, don’t tell situation, and by using the unlocker you aren’t affecting other’s gameplay. Although with the Pyro nerf, the backburner isn’t worth it in most cases, nor are the other unlockable weapons.