I got Left 4 Dead for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Just waiting for it to unlock at this point. Anyways, it uses the Source Engine, just like TF2, DoD and many others. Assuming no major changes to Steam and/or the Source engine between now and two weeks from now, you should be able to automatically unlock any and all Left 4 Dead Achievements. I’ll update the file/link if anything comes up between now and then.
Anyways, as a reminder you can download the latest Steam Achievement Manager here.
How do you use it? Follow below the cut! :
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if you do not already have it installed.
- Download Steam Achievement Manager.
- Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It’s a ZIP file, if you don’t know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn’t be trying to use this tool.
- Run Steam if it is not already running.
- Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
- Run Steam Achievement Manager and do whatever you want in it.
Now, in previous games, unlocking milestones didn’t really hurt you or anyone else as most weapons were vastly underpowered. Left for Dead is a single player game, so you shouldn’t have your account suspended based on using this either. Valve IS aware of this program, and they haven’t said anything against it so you should be fine. I’ve had the Achievement Manager installed on my computer for almost a year now (since the TF2 Medic update) and I’ve never had any problems.