Latest version of this handy tool is out. You can download Steam Achievement Manager 5.1 here.
This works for all your favorite games, including Left4Dead (L4D), Team Fortress 2 (TF2), Day of Defeat (DoD), and a bunch of new games, like On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Penny Arcade), Multiwinia, and Children of the Nile. Use the Steam Achievement Manager to unlock achievements in your favorite Steam based games. This most recent version comes hot on the heels of the Steam Cloud functionality in the latest Steam client.
You can use this to unlock weapons without unlocking all of the achievements. Just unlock the milestone achievements to unlock weapons in TF2 and L4D, and leave the other achievements locked. This way you get all the shiny toys, but still get to achieve things normally.
How to use below the cut:
How do you use it? Follow below the cut! :
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if you do not already have it installed.
- Download Steam Achievement Manager.
- Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It’s a ZIP file, if you don’t know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn’t be trying to use this tool.
- Run Steam if it is not already running.
- Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
- Run Steam Achievement Manager and do whatever you want in it.