Dave wrote to point out that there’s a new version of SAM (Steam Achievement Manager) out, 5.1 which is a complete rewrite from v. 3.0 and 3.1. and 4.0 The biggest improvement is that SAM can now work with ANY steam game. This tool can support any game that has achievements on Steam, even if it is not listed directly in the dropdown box. Simply type its ID into the editable dropdown box text and refresh.
You can download Steam Achievement Manager 5.0 by clicking here. It should be noted this version works with L4D or Left for Dead, along with Team Fortress 2 (TF2), DoD (Day of Defeat: Source) and more. Hopefully they’ll release a CSS update with achievements during the slow season in February when the next TF2 update comes out.
Instructions below the cut.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if you do not already have it installed.
- Download Steam Achievement Manager.
- Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It’s a ZIP file, if you don’t know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn’t be trying to use this tool.
- Run Steam if it is not already running.
- Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
- Run Steam Achievement Manager and do whatever you want in it.
Also, kudos to these guys, they’re the ones who wrote it.