Not only are they soliciting for ideas, but they have a forum up now, and they READ IT. WTF. I’ll admit I’m a little starry-eyed at the moment but imagine Obama as the moderator of your favorite forum, but with the power and the budget to get shit done. It’s a little frightening, and a little jaw dropping, but as of today you have no excuse to bitch about Obama’s policies until you voice your opinion on
In case I didn’t inspire you to click on the link, it has a youtube video-response from a senator and ___ who actually READ these comments and responses and respond to some of them. I’m a little dumbfounded by this concept. It seems too good to be true, like an election year gimmick – yet – yet this is happening after the election has been won.
You may not agree with all of his policies, but you can’t deny the administration is reaching out to citizens.
Keeping my fingers crossed this site continues to develop after Jan
p.s. the privacy agreement is a little frightening and draconian, but
makes sense from the point of view of idiots making threats on the
forum and seeing if they’re legit or not (change.gov‘s forums run on
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may collect personal information (such as your name, email address, billing address, phone number, credit card information, and certain optional information such as birth date, birth place, mother’s maiden name, gender, zip code, biographical information, ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN user name, Twitter/Flickr/Digg user name) when you register with them, use the particular products or services or post content or comments on a Blog site as a guest with authoring rights, as applicable.
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may also collect personal information when you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others.
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may collect information about articles, blogs, other commenters, and websites you engage with and/or comment upon.
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number.
- The IntenseDebate Sites, Products and Services may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.